Watching Girls Aloud on a sunny beach in Weston Super Mare whilst drinking free red bull cocktails, surrounded by channel 4 C-List celebrities = definitely one of the more surreal highlights of the so-called summer so far. I think the red bull had some kind of delayed effect on me though as I woke up at four this morning and couldn't get back to sleep, nasty shit. Anyway, we were pleased and surprised to find a small crowd of people who came over to the 4Music stage to see us play, thankyou for coming, playing to an empty field would have been a bit awkward.
Here's what I/we learnt:
1. T4 on the Beach is literally on the beach.
2. When you go on TV people give you lots of free stuff, this is awkward.
3. If you work in TV you are probably 23, blonde, fit and carrying a clipboard and or walkie-talkie.
4. Kate Nash, The Twang and Calvin Harris are nice people.
5. Patrick Wolf was right.
6. TV allegedly adds 10 pounds, Chris laughs in the face of this danger.
7. T4 presenter Steve Jones has some big lyrics... 'get your hands in the air, weston-super-mare'... DEEP.
8. There is a difference between a make up artist and a face painter, if you ask a make up artist to make you look like a tiger they will not be amused.
Backstage we got given some T-shirts with anti-global warming slogans on them, we also got mirrors surrounded by 12 extremely bright, energy consuming lightbulbs and a chauffeur driven car to take us around the site.
In other news, we finished the first recording session for our still untitled album, we're going to write some more songs, then record them, then release it. Nothing can possibly go wrong.
P.S I added some more links to our bands list to the right, check them out. One new addition is this lot, Ghost Frequency: